I sent out the list of our first 3 “Card Receivers” tonight. If you did not get that email, then I do not have you on my “Sender’s List.” Please go to the top of this page and click on the tab that says “Send a Smile.” Please enter your information. You will then be added to the list. I feel that it is important to maintain as much privacy as possible by not posting the lists here on this site. Doing so might broadcast people’s private information across the internet. Instead, I am privately sending out emails with the information. I hope this makes sense. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to send cards!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you so much to my family and friends for supporting this project of mine. It really means a lot to me! We are almost ready to start sending out cards to those who may need encouragement and a smile. December 1st, 2012 is the official kick-off date.
Here is a list of things that you can do to get ready:
- Sign up to be a “Sender.” This is the only way to receive the list of receivers for the cards. Signing up to receive emails of new blog posts will not get you on the list to be a sender. Just fill out the simple and quick form which includes your “agreement” to abide by the rules. We can never have too many Senders!!
- Please tell your friends, family and social media circles about this site.
- Start buying or making cards. I usually shop the Encouragement and Thinking of You sections at my local card shop. Most stores have $1 card sections nowadays.
- Stock up on stamps. I always buy the Forever stamps since postage is always changing.
- Do you know someone who is currently suffering from cancer or another devastating illness? Please sign them up as a “Receiver.” We are currently seeking more people to receive cards and smiles.
Together we can make this happen!
I am starting this site in memory of my mom who recently passed away after a 3 year battle with cancer. During her chemotherapy I reached out to friends asking them to send my mom a card with words of encouragement. She received cards from all over the world. Each card put a smile on her face to know that others were encouraging her and praying for her as she battled on.
I have been a part of another wonderful organization that helps to lift the spirits of those fighting cancer. I, however, want to be able to encourage and lift the spirits of those battling not only cancer but other diseases as well. Unfortunately, most of us know others who are currently being touched by illness.
I am putting this site together so that we can all have the opportunity to give a smile today. I am open to suggestions of all kinds. Please sign up at the links above. Together we can make this happen!